King of Boys: The Return of the King has gained great reviews and ratings since its release on August 27, 2021, on Netflix.
The 7-part series is a continuation of the movie King of Boys which follows the story of Alhaja Eniola Salami, a businesswoman and philanthropist with a checkered past and a promising political future.
King of Boys: The Return of the King, however, follows the story of Eniola Salami’s return to Nigeria after a five-year exile, eager to mete out punishments to her adversaries.
King of Boys and King of Boys: The Return of the King were written, directed and produced by Kemi Adetiba.
Here’s all you need to know about Kemi Adetiba:
1. She was born to Dele Adetiba, a renowned Nigerian sports broadcaster; and Mayen Adetiba, a Nigerian actress and engineer.
2. She holds a bachelor of laws (LL.B) degree from the University of Lagos, and a masters degree in Filmmaking from the New York Film Academy.
3. As a young child, she headlined two national TV commercials for the popular detergent brand, OMO.
4. She started her career in media as Radio Presenter on popular Nigerian radio station, Rhythm 93.7 FM.
5. She also hosted TV popular TV shows including the game show Temptation Nigeria and the dance show Maltina Dance All.
6. She has directed the music videos of some of Nigeria’s music stars including Wizkid, Tiwa Savage, Banky W and Olamide.
7. Her first short film Across a Bloodied Ocean was screened at the 2009 Pan African Film Festival and National Black Arts Festival.
8. Her first feature film is the popular Nigerian rom-com film The Wedding Party, which she directed and co-wrote.
9. She is also the director of a web documentary series – King Women, which features Nigeria’s powerful women in business; and also mentors and inspires young women.
10. She has won several awards including an HNWOTY Award for Woman of the Year in Film and Television (2017), and the City People Entertainment Award for Best Music Video Director Of The Year (2015).
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you