If you are on twitter, you are obviously familiar with burner accounts and the mess they create. If you are not, you are missing out on a whole lot of violence but as usual, we are here to catch you up. People create anonymous alternate accounts aside their “well-known” accounts across social media apps. Here are some reasons why:
- Streets are not safe, and twitter is the one place to NOT speak your mind. That being said, once you have a burner you can say whatever you want, and no one can cancel you for it, neither can you lose your job, because no one knows who is behind the account.
2. Tired of being on the receiving end of trolls? Create a burner account and become the troll king, all you’d have to deal with is your conscience.
3. Everyone has a little bit of toxic in them, so we know you’d like to stalk one or two people, how about you do that with a burner so that if you accidentally double tap, you are still safe?
4. You are one tweet away from getting your account suspended for using a word that is against the rules of twitter. A burner account can be your backup account, while you wait for Jack to free you from bondage.
5. You know the colleagues and bosses who like to meddle and follow you on every social media app?? Imagine having the freedom to tweet with your chest because they cannot see you subbing them on the TL??