It’s hard to figure out whether you’re an adult or child in a Ghanaian home because yes, you can be legal, you can even be 25 years and you’ll still be considered as a baby by your parents. Here’s how you’ll know you’re now considered as an adult in a Ghanaian home.
1. When they start asking for your opinions on issues.
2. When you start paying bills at home
3. When they stop calling you to ask when you’ll be home.
4. When they stop sending you money because apparently, you get paid now.
5. When they give you a “Ghanaian parent apology” after they do something wrong.
6. When you have actual grown-up conversations with them without them telling you “You’re a child.”
7. When they start asking who your boyfriend/girlfriend is.
8. When they aren’t bothered that you didn’t sleep home the whole weekend.
How many of these have your parents ticked off? Let us know in the comments section.
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you