Every woman has facial hair. There are two types, vellus hair and terminal hair. Vellus hair is the near-invisible peach fuzz that covers much of your face and body. Its role is to regulate temperature and evaporate sweat. Terminal hair is darker and thicker. Some women have terminal hair along their upper and lower lips, sideburns, neck, and chin. Facial hair can be used to remove both types of hair. (Source: healthline.com)
Why should you shave your face?
Shaving your face leaves your skin feeling smoother, maximizes penetration of products when doing your skincare routines and lightly exfoliates your skin. It also clears debris and makes way for new skin cells.
What can you use to do the shaving?
A simple tool to use is the eyebrow razor. Some people use normal blade.
Difference between face shaving and dermaplaning
Dermaplaning, unlike traditional shaving, uses a smaller blade to slough off dead skin cells in addition to removing wispy facial hair, so skin is more even in tone and texture. There will not be blood. An upside of having this done is that makeup goes on the face smoother.
If you cannot afford Dermaplaning, in the mean time, you can shave your face.
How to shave your face
1. Wash your face and dry it with a clean towel.
2. Use a razor specifically for your face. Don’t use one that has been used on a different part of the body since doing that can transfer bacteria onto your face.
3. You can shave on dry skin or use oils such as baby oil may be able to help moisturize and protect the skin when shaving, but it may not be as effective as shaving cream.
4. Hold the razor at a 45-degree angle against your skin. Using short, light strokes, shave in the direction the hair grows. If you need to, you can use the other hand to pull the skin taut.
5. When done, rinse and moisturize your face. Make sure you apply sunscreen when stepping out
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you
Featured image from YouTuber Pytchels: