Braids make everyone’s life easier but low maintenance doesn’t mean no maintenance. When in braids, you still need to take care of your hair. If you’re leaving braids on for a long period, you’ll still need you should be prepared to cleanse roughly every two to three weeks.
A lot of people think when they wash their hair in braids, it will cause the hair to frizz but if you’re washing it right, it will take at least 2 washes before you start seeing frizz.
How to wash your braids
Tools needed: Spray bottle
1. Dilute a little amount of shampoo in water placed in your spray bottle and shake it up.
2. Spray the solution directly on the scalp. Use your fingers to gently massage your scalp; don’t scratch your hair.
3. Rinse your hair with warm water while gently massaging your scalp so you can get rid of the product in your hair. Do not scrub or chafe your braids together.
4. Squeeze the water out of the braids and apply conditioner to your braids (not scalp).
5. After 5-10 minutes rinse the conditioner out.
6. You can blow dry the braids or air dry if you think you have the time.
Remember that in as much as you can care for your hair when in braids, it’s still not advisable for you to leave them on for too long. The longer the braids are kept, the more shed hair is retained which means by the time you remove the braids, your hair will be extremely tangled.
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you
Featured image via un-ruly.com