Farouk Khailann, an award-winning Ghanaian entrepreneur, has been appointed to serve as a member of the prestigious jury for the 2021 Hult Prize Challenge.
Mr Khailann is the CEO of Premium Africa Holdings and Senior Vice President of Ezipay Africa.
Farouk Khailann joins seven other global leaders including Bill Clinton (Former President of USA), Muhammad Yunus (Noble Peace Prize Winner), Paul Polman (Dutch businessman), Vicente Fox Quesada (Former President of Mexico), Kandeh Yumkella (Former United Nations Under-Secretary-General), Hans Vestberg (CEO of Verizon), and Robert Skinner (Executive Director, United Nations Office for Partnerships), as members of the jury for the Hult Prize.
The Hult Prize is an annual, year-long, one-million-dollar prize startup competition that crowd-sources ideas from university-level students after challenging them to solve a pressing social issue around topics such as food security, water access, energy, and education.
Farouk Khailann had his senior high school education at St. Augustine’s College. He later proceeded to the University of Cape Coast (UCC) and graduated with a bachelor of education degree (B.Ed.) in Social Sciences in 2006.
At UCC, he organised the first-ever ‘Face of UCC’ beauty pageant, established the Ghana Stock Market Forum, and launched a project to build a one classroom block for an orphanage.
Farouk Khailann describes himself as an entrepreneur with a strong commitment to Africa’s economic growth.
In March 2019, his company – Premium Africa Holdings – established its presence in UAE as consultants to various individuals and organisations in facilitating trade and investment between UAE and Africa.
His company has also partnered with Senegalese-American musician, Akon, for his Akon Lighting Africa project in Liberia.
Farouk Khailann also holds a number of international appointments. He is the Secretary-General of the Global Chamber of Business Leaders, International Partner of the World Angel Business Investment Forum, Founding Director of the Global Wealth Council, Africa Ambassador of Asia CEO Community, Board member of World Innovation Alliance, Senior Advisor of Unimeier University (Italy) and Vice Chairman of African Institute of Small Scale Mining.
Mr Khailann currently works closely with the offices of five African presidents on various interventions geared towards the economic transformation of their respective countries.
Farouk Khailann has spoken at various events including Global Business Forum (Dubai), Meet the Farmers Conference, (Dubai) Global Impact Investment Forum ( Dubai), Global Summit of Sports (India) and West Africa Leadership Summit (Nigeria), as keynote/guest speaker.
- Farouk Khailann was awarded African Business Leader of the year at the 28th edition of the World HRD Awards in India on 15th February 2020.
- He was named among other young enterprising Ghanaian entrepreneurs as Top 50 Young CEOs for 2020.
- He was decorated as a Pan African Business Icon of the year at the 2020 edition of Ghana Youth Excellence Awards.
- He was named by the West Africa Leadership Development Centre as one of the top ten emerging leaders in West Africa and adjudged the young entrepreneur of the year for 2019.
- He was awarded the Order of the Noble Hand of Honor by the Pan African Leadership and Entrepreneurship Development Centre in September 2019, alongside the Vice President of the Republic of Liberia and other global leaders.
- He has also adjudged the best consultant for 2019 at the 40 under 40 awards, one of Ghana’s most competitive award schemes.
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you