Students of the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ) have elected new executives to lead the Students Representative Council (SRC) for the rest of the 2020/2021 academic year.
The election was conducted online on Sunday, April 4, 2021, at 12 p.m. and closed on Monday, April 5, 2021, at 12 p.m.
The election was contested by six candidates who went unopposed for the various offices. According to the GIJ-SRC interim committee, a total voter turnout of 1,491 was recorded, and all six candidates obtained more than 80% of “YES” votes.
Victor Yekple, the chairman of the GIJ-SRC interim committee, however, declared all six candidates as the new SRC executives.
These are the new elected GIJ-SRC executives:
- Ishmael Nii Lante Lamptey – President
- Patrick Abesiyine Anyebuno – General Secretary
- Larry Abdus Samad – Financial Secretary
- Farida Yeboah – Women’s Commissioner
- Godfred Mbanasong Zina – External Commissioner
- Bilson Desmond Boahene – Organizing Secretary
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you