Last weekend is one of the saddest weekends the university community of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology has had to endure.
With the President reopening schools, students are getting ready to return to campus and start a new academic year.
However, they will be doing that on a sad note.
Over the weekend, two popular members of the university’s community passed away and there was a fire outbreak at the mini-market behind Republic Hall.
After midnight on Sunday, the mini-market that is owned and operated by private individuals caught fire.
In about 7 minutes, the fire tender arrived at the scene to douse the fire, however, it took them more than an hour to get the fire under control.
According to KNUST, the Republic Hall was not affected and items belonging to students were also not damaged.
It said reports that 17 people including a porter lost their lives from the fire were false.
This fire outbreak also came as the news of the passing of two people was reported. Their passing is not related to the fire outbreak.
Aunt Ama was well known on campus. She was a bread seller who quickly built affinity with the students.
She supplied fresh bread every morning and her calls were something students looked out for every morning.
Churchill, on the other hand, kept them from harm as their pool commander.
He always ensured that they are safe at the pool.
Rest In Peace, great souls.
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you