Ghana Water Company Limited has announced that the Government’s free water package to Ghanaians as part of its interventions to curb the coronavirus pandemic will end December 31, 2020.
President Nana Akufo-Addo in a national address on the country’s fight against COVID-19 on Sunday, April 5, 2020, announced that government will foot water bills of all Ghanaians for April, May, and June 2020 following an increase in the country’s coronavirus cases amidst a partial lockdown of the epicenters of the disease.
Read the full statement below;
31 December, 2020, marks the end of the Government’s directive to the Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) to serve Ghanaians with water for free as part of measures to curb the rapid spread of the Covid-I9 pandemic.
Customers of GWCL must please note, that from hence, the payment of water bill will be the responsibility of the customer. The Minister of Sanitation and Water Resources, and the Management of GWCL, therefore, wish to inform consumers and the general public that the last meter reading for the month of December 2020 officially ends the free water delivery.
GWCL assures customers that, meter readers and all frontline staff will continue to adhere and practice in full, all the protocols to protect themselves and our cherished customers, including cladding themselves in GWCL apparel, identity cards, personal sanitizers, and face masks, before accessing their premises to read the meters.
1. Landlords and Landladies can/must revert to the arrangements with tenants prior to the free water delivery.
2. Water vendors can/must resume their normal business after the last meter reading in December 2020.
3. Disconnected customers who were reconnected to enable them enjoy the free water during the period, must as a matter of urgency pay their arrears to remain connected.
4. Disconnected customers will remain disconnected until their arrears are settled in full before their supply will be restored.
5. All GWCL collection/pay points are opened during normal working hours and customers can also pay their bills via mobile money channels with all the telecommunications networks.
The Management of GWCL wishes to express its appreciation to all agencies who supported the free water delivery initiative. Special appreciation goes to the Government for the kind gesture towards Ghanaians.
We wish our cherished customers a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year,
GWCL At Your Service
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you