Funded by the SANAD Fund for MSME, in partnership with MEST Africa and Impact Lab, the Pan-African
Fintech Accelerator is a six-month virtual program designed for high potential technology businesses
looking to scale their business, create global partnerships, and explore North African markets.
Ten (10) fintech startups from Uganda, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Ghana and Senegal will be given the tools and training required to successfully operate in North African markets and eventually scale their businesses globally.
The Pan-African Fintech Accelerator is open to startups in regulatory technology, personal finance, lending, insurance, payment and money transfer, HR and payroll, as well as wealth management, accounting and expense management. Founders will receive training on building a robust tech product and business, as well as one-on-one mentorship and support from local industry experts in the tech ecosystem of North Africa.
The mission of the program is to accelerate the growth of fintech startups in Africa and equip them with
the skills and knowledge to successfully scale their solutions into North Africa through training, mentorship, acceleration and market expansion.
At the end of the program, each founder will have the opportunity to pitch in front of investors, potential clients, commercial partners and other key stakeholders. Participants will also benefit from one-on-one meetings, matching their fintech startups with potential partners in the tech industry. The Pan-African Fintech Accelerator is an equal opportunity initiative and will target an equal ratio of male to female participants.
Applications Open: 25th November 2020
Applications Close : 20th December 2020
The Ideal Candidates
● Must be a growth stage fintech company looking to have market entry into North Africa.
● Must be operational in either Ghana, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Uganda and Senegal.
● At least one founder must be a citizen of one of the participating countries.
● Must be a Fintech startup providing solutions in regulatory technology, personal finance, lending, insurance, payment/money transfer, HR and payroll, wealth management, accounting and expense management.
● Must have begun operations at least two (2) years before applying for this program
● Must have a dedicated full time founding team with at least 1 female founder
● Have evidence of revenue and a clearly demonstrated potential to scale.
● Industry-specific training on how to assess and enhance your fintech product, design thinking, software engineering, business model development, user discovery, product lifecycle, agile product roadmaps, product testing, data analysis and business model evaluation.
● Facilitated sessions with North African experts on the local fintech regulatory environments as well as mindset culture.
● Workshops on leadership, unit economics and business partnerships.
● Industry meet-ups with North-African stakeholders and ecosystem players including institutional partners, corporates, and ecosystem players such as VCs.
● Virtual one-to-one sessions with pre-identified potential clients or commercial partners.
● Tailored sessions on go-to-market strategies including coaching on presentation, pitching and public speaking, as well as support in developing adapted marketing material.
● Participation in Demo Day where startups will meet and present to an audience of investors, industry experts, corporates, ecosystem players.