Facebook’s iOS bug is being nosey today disrupting alot of other apps on iOS. Even if you have a facebook app you should still be experiencing this bug, according to The Verge this is because developers have implemented the Facebook login through their own apps.
This is the second time the issue has occurred in recent months, but there is a workaround available to get the apps back up and running before Facebook fixes the problems.
Lockdown Apps, a firewall and privacy protection app on iOS, uses a VPN to block trackers and things like Facebook’s iOS SDK from loading in third-party apps.
It will allow apps like Spotify, Pinterest, and Tinder to launch during a Facebook iOS SDK outage, and it’s completely free to use.
Here’s how to get the app set up:
1. Download Lockdown Apps from the App Store
2. Launch Lockdown Apps, and follow the on-screen tutorial
3. Hit cancel when it asks you to sign up or log in
4. Tap the “firewall on” button at the top of the app
5. You’ll need to agree to set up a VPN profile on your iPhone
6. Once set up, you can toggle the VPN / firewall from within Lockdown Apps
7. Skip the trial and apps will now work freely
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you