The University of Ghana Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting applications for the award of the 2020/2021 UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme for both undergraduate and graduate students in relevant academic fields who are exceptionally brilliant but with dire financial needs.
The UG-Tullow award is a full scholarship which covers tuition, stipend/subsistence/health insurance, modest subsidy for equipment (Laptop computer) and accommodation for students pursuing 4 years undergraduate programmes and 1 year master’s programmes (but in exceptional circumstances may also include 2 years M.Phil programmes). The award recipients are expected to maintain excellent academic standards of at least a B average or 3.0 CGPA in order to be in good standing to keep the Scholarship.
In order to qualify and/or be eligible to apply to the University of Ghana-Tullow (UG-Tullow) Scholarship, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Ghanaian citizen (indigenes from the Western Region are particularly encouraged to apply).
- Be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Obtained a WASSCE aggregate of 19 or better or a continuing student with CGPA of 3.0 and above.
- Be of a good conduct (i.e. not have any past or pending disciplinary action taken against them).
- Awardees should be in good academic standing (i.e., to be in good academic standing, awardees would have to maintain a CGPA of at least 3.0).
- meet the standard University of Ghana admission requirements for a full-time regular undergraduate and postgraduate programme. Students intending to study the following Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) programmes listed below are especially encouraged to apply.
|Undergraduate Courses||Graduate Programmes|
| Environmental & Occupational Health|
Geography and Resource Development and Geographic information system
Material Science and Engineering
Food Process Engineering
| Environmental & Occupational Health,|
Geography and Resource Development and GeoInformation Science,
Economics (Environmental Economics option),
Materials Science Engineering,
Food Processing Engineering
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme must be submitted online at: [email protected]
Remember to attach the required essays, a copy of your academic records (WASSCE grades for undergraduate and academic transcripts for graduate applicants) letters of recommendation and supporting financial need documents.
Applicants must simultaneously submit applications for admission into the relevant programme at University of Ghana: https://admission.ug.edu.gh NOTE: STUDENTS FROM THE WESTERN REGION ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
DEADLINE for the submission of the applications is WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Applicants will have ten (10) calendar days to confirm acceptance after notification of offer. After this date, it will be assumed that the student is unable to take up the scholarship. University of Ghana reserves the right to refuse or end attribution of the scholarship if any information provided in support of the application is false.
For more information on the scheme at the University of Ghana, please contact:
Students Financial Aid Office on 020-518-6904/0302- 945-312 or email: [email protected]. OR
Send an email to [email protected]
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you