A.SSSCE / WASSCE APPLICANTS FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES
- SSSCE applicants must have SIX (6) passes (A – D) in all subjects including English Language,
Core Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies and at least three (3) of the subjects must be Credit or better. The Elective subjects must be relevant to the programme.
- WASSCE applicants must have SIX (6) passes (A1 – D7) in all subjects including English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies; and at least three (3) of the subjects must be C6 or better. The Elective subjects must be relevant to the programme.
B. SSSCE / GBCE/WASSCE APPLICANTS FOR BUSINESS AND ARTS PROGRAMMES
- SSSCE/GBCE applicants must have passed (A- D) in SIX (6) subjects including English Language, core Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies; and at least three (3) of the subjects must be Credit or better.
- WASSCE applicants must have passes (A1- D7) in SIX (6) subjects including English Language, core Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies; and at least three (3) of the subjects must be C6 or better.
INTERPRETATIONS OF WASSCE/SSSCE/GBCE
|WASSCE||SSSCE/GBCE||GRADE||INTERPRETATION OF GRADES|
C. PRE-HND (ACCESS COURSE) APPLICANTS
Applicants must pass three (3) subjects (English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science) in the NAPBTEX Access Course Programme, plus at least three (3) passes in the technical subjects.
D. TECHNICIAN APPLICANTS
Passes in Part I and Part II technical subjects or a pass in Ordinary Technician Diploma (OTD)
E. CERTIFICATE II APPLICANTS (TECHNICAL SCHOOL GRADUANDS)
Passes in SIX (6) relevant subjects comprising three (3) core subjects (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science/Social Studies), plus three (3) passes in relevant subject areas.
F. DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS STUDIES (DBS) CANDIDATES
DBS qualification with passes in all four (4) subjects, plus two (2) WASSCE passes (A1 –D7) or two (2) SSSCE/ GBCE passes (A – D) in English Language and Mathematics.
G. GCE ‘A’ level /aBCE applicants
- FOUR (4) GCE ‘O’ Level/GBCE credit passes including English Language and Mathematics.
- A minimum of two (2) GCE ‘A’ Level or two (2) ABCE passes in relevant subjects. A pass in General Paper will be an advantage.
H. Other certificates and Diploma Applicants
i. A Diploma from a recognised higher institution.
ii. Institute of Chartered Accountants (Ghana) Level I
- First degree in relevant area, and in a recognised institution.
I. Mature applicants
Candidates must be at least twenty-five (25) years of age by 30th June 2020 and must attach proof of age with birth certificates or other legitimate documentary evidence to the completed application forms. In addition, Mature applicants must pass the Entrance Examinations to be conducted in English Language, Mathematics and General Knowledge. The mature candidate must have the relevant working experience in the subject area.
J. INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
International applicants may be admitted on the basis of qualifications from their home countries for which equivalence shall be determined by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana and submitted to the University. Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non-English speaking countries. International applicants are also requested to acquire Non-Citizen Ghana card as a pre-requisite for offer of admission. International applicants who fail to provide evidence of having acquired this card will not have their applications processed.
NB: In all cases candidates will be expected to meet THE departmental requirements for admission into the programmes
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you