You may not have heard about the crisis in Yemen. And that’s understandable because there is a lot going on in the world right now. However, it doesn’t make the situation in Yemen any less dire.
Imagine a region already plagued by famine; children starving regularly, with mother’s unable to find food for them, having to deal with an armed conflict. 20 million Yemenis are food insecure, 19 million do not have access to clean water and sanitation, and the worst Cholera outbreak in modern history has claimed more than 2,500 lives (source: Project Hope).
On top of all that, and the fact that children in the region are prone to diseases like Cholera, Coronavirus has also recently become an issue.
The video below will paint a small picture of the situation.
If you are interested in doing something about this, you can help with a donation. Even the smallest amount could help change somebody’s literal life.
- Donate at Project Hope (minimum donation is $5 / GHs30)
- Donate at Rescue.org (minimum donation is $15 / GHs90)
- Send Food and Water at Baitulmaal.org (minimum donation is $1 / GHs6)
- Yemen Food Appeal at u4h.org (minimum donation is £1/GHs7.50)
- Yemen Emergency Appeal at IslamicRelief.org (minimum donation is £1/GHs7.50)
- Yemen Crisis Appeal at Savethechildren.org (minimum donation is $1/GHs6)
- Help Refugees of Yemen Today at UNrefugees.org (minimum donation is $5/GHs30)
- Yemen Crisis Appeal at ICRC.org (minimum donation is $1/Ghs6)