Caring for your hair doesn’t have to be expensive. Apart from buying your shampoo and conditioner and oils, treatments such as protein treatments and other DIY treatments can be done using products from your kitchen.
Avocado is a potent ingredient for treating dryness and damage to natural hair, and it can benefit your hair in the following ways.
- They contain natural oils which are helpful in treating dried damage hair
- They are rich in vitamins that can nourish the scalp and help hair look healthy, shiny, and hydrated.
- Avocado oil, including potassium and magnesium, may seal cuticle cells, which can help hair look smooth and shiny and prevent it from breaking
Here’s how to apply avocado into your hair for maximum results.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl until it is very smooth. You can use a blender to make it faster.
- Add your favourite oil to the mashed avocado and mix well. You can use coconut oil, olive oil, argan oil and even jojoba oil among others
- Apply this mixture to your hair and scalp. Ensure that you focus on the tips of your hair, as these are the oldest and most damaged parts.
- Cover the hair with a shower cap, and wait for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with cool water and shampoo. Finish with conditioner. Make sure the water is cool so that you don’t cook the avocado in your hair.
- Squeeze the excess water out of your hair using a towel. Let your hair air-dry.
We hope this process helps you out
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you