Management of the University of Ghana has put out a communique stating that all students are to vacate the school premises latest by 4 pm on Saturday 21st March 2020.
Students are to go with ALL of their belongings. Those that have cold or flu symptoms are to make they are screened and cleared before they go home.
Find the communique below:
1. Following a reported imported case of COVID-19 of a student (and at the national level) and the President’s directive for schools to close down until further notice, it is directed that all resident students ( excluding international students and those on the contact tracing list), are to vacate the Halls of Residence, taking with them all their belongings, by 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, 21st March 2020.
2. As earlier directed, resident students who have common cold or flu-like symptoms and are yet to vacate the campus should report to the Students’ Clinic to be attended to before they leave campus.
3. Students who may have peculiar/special challenges and therefore wish to remain on campus should report to the Offices of their respective Senior Tutors for assistance.
4. All resident students on the contact tracing list will be housed for purely observational purposes.
5. The University assures students, parents and the general public that it will take steps to sanitize any facility used in this respect before and after the exercise, in line with national and international sanitization guidelines and procedures. Any facility used to house such students will be thoroughly sanitized before the University re-opens.
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you