All over the country, people are in a state of panic following the developments of the deadly coronavirus.
Lectures have been suspended but students are expected to keep themselves safe also. This is a briefing on the virus and what we must know in order to stay safe.
WHAT IS CORONAVIRUS?
Coronaviruses are a large group of viruses that are common among animals. In rare cases, they are what scientists call zoonotic, meaning they can be transmitted from animals to humans. It is a dangerous disease with an incubation period between 4-6 days. It is fatal especially for those with a weakened immune system, the elderly and the very young. It could also result in Pneumonia and bronchitis.
HOW IT SPREADS
Viruses can spread from human contact with animals and also from human to human.
When it comes to human-to-human transmission of the viruses, often it happens when someone comes into contact with the infected person’s secretions. The exposure factors are;
The virus can also be transmitted by touching something an infected person has touched and then touching your mouth, nose or eyes.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
Coronavirus symptoms include;
• a runny nose
• sore throat
• possibly a headache
• Wash your hands with soap and water before touching anything including your eyes, nose and mouth
• Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
• Disinfect the objects and surfaces you touch.
• If you are sick, stay home and avoid crowds and contact with others.
• Stick to self- quarantine
• Follow directives given by the government, ministry of health and trusted medical organizations keenly and adhere to information given.
• Drink plenty of fluids
• Get rest and sleep as much as possible.
• If symptoms feel worse than a standard cold, see your doctor.
Remember peeps! Stay Safe!
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you