The World Health Organization has declared the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak as a pandemic. Ghana recorded its first case on March 12, 2020.
In view of this, the Cape Coast Technical University has taken the following precautionary measures:
- All non-academic gatherings by members of the university have been suspended.
- All planned academic and non-academic excursions outside the university are also suspended.
- All international travels by members of the university have been suspended.
- All guest visiting CCTU from outside the country are to postpone their visit until further notice.
- Staff and students returning from international travels should immediately report to the school clinic before integration into the university community.
- Any of such people who have returned to the country within the last 14days should contact the clinic on the following numbers 0208078511 or 0242785685
- We entreat all members of the community to practice regular handwashing with soap and water
- Members are also advised to carry and use alcohol-based hand sanitizers at all times
- Members are to avoid all close body contacts such as handshakes and hugs
- We encourage the practice of common cough and sneezing etiquette such as covering your mouth and nose with a handkerchief or tissue paper when coughing or sneezing.
- Hand sanitizers should be provided in all common areas for use by staff, students and visitors.
- The University will institute a schedule for disinfection of door handles & surfaces in all frequently visited offices, common rooms, washrooms, front desk & attendance signing areas
- The University community is entreated to remain calm and practice these basic precautionary measures
The Ghana Health Service has published the following numbers as emergency hotlines 0552222004,0552222005,0509497700,0558439868.
For our safety, we should do well by following these precautionary measures.
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you