Listen to an Audio Version of the Article
The management of the Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) has issued a statement informing the general public of the onset of the dry season.
According to the Ghana Water Company Limited, they are experiencing challenges with water supply in most cities and towns throughout the country.
They, however, advised consumers to strictly observe the following water conservation measures:
- Cease indiscriminate watering of lawns with treated water.
- Moderate the use of treated water for car washing by using buckets instead of hoses.
- Shut all taps when not in use.
- Save water in plastic jerry cans, barrels, poly tanks
- Repair all leakages like overflowing reservoirs dripping taps valves etc, in your homes.
- Report all burst pipes and leakages immediately to the nearest GWCL district offices.
The management of GWCL also advised customers to pay their bills promptly and to desist from unacceptable behaviours like the use of in-line pumps, illegal connections and by-passes.
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you