A twisted tale told by Harley Quinn herself, when Gotham’s most nefariously narcissistic villain, Roman Sionis, and his zealous right-hand, Zsasz, put a target on a young girl named Cass, the city is turned upside down looking for her. Harley, Huntress, Black Canary and Renee Montoya’s paths collide, and the unlikely foursome have no choice but to team up to take Roman down.
Check these amazing facts out.
- Margot Robbie pitched the idea of Birds of Prey to DC and Warner Bros. as a female-led superhero action movie and they agreed with her vision. “I think there’s a perception that a PG female-led action film is kind of considered a chick flick,” says Robbie, which is why we’re going to see an R-rated version of the story. In addition to starring in the upcoming movie, Robbie is also on board as a producer with her LuckyChap production company, so her hands are all over the project. Birds of Prey is LuckyChap’s largest project to date at $75 million.
2. Harley adopts a hyena in this film as a pet. In the comics, she kept two hyenas named Bud and Lou (named after comic duo Bud Abbott and Lou Costello).
3. Harley Quinn was introduced on the big screen in 2016’s Suicide Squad with Margot Robbie portraying her and giving birth to the creation of millions of Harley Quinn Halloween costumes. With this new chapter comes a different look for her character. Quinn won’t be seen as an object of desire, which is very much on purpose. “That’s what happens when you have a female producer, director, writer,” says Birds of Prey costume designer Erin Benach. Robbie added, “Yeah, it’s definitely less male gaze-y.” Robbie had discussed how uncomfortable her outfits were for Suicide Squad, so that has all been altered for the upcoming movie.
4. Cathy Yan is the first Asian woman to direct a superhero movie. She is the second woman to direct a DC film after Patty Jenkins.
5. This will be the second time that both Ewan McGregor and Mary Elizabeth Winstead are working together after the two met on Fargo (2014).
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you