Listen to an Audio Version of the Article
GQ South Africa is celebrating their first-ever ‘Man of the Year’ awards with three spectacular covers, featuring men who have shaped the cultural landscape and have been the most intelligent and inspirational people of the year.
The award was held in partnership with Hennessy on Sunday night at The Houghton Hotel, with the aim of celebrating people who have made a significant impression in their various fields of expertise. The event was also about celebrating GQ’s 20 years in South Africa.
Check out the covers and the winners of the awards:
Actor John Kani looking dapper is one of three cover stars and a recipient of the GQ Men of the Year Lifetime Achievement Award. He features alongside singer Nasty C and designer Tristan Du Plessis, who was among the winners at the inaugural GQ Men of the Year Awards ceremony.
Other champions on the night include the likes of Siya Kolisi, Vusi Themebkwayo, Thembinkosi Lorch, and Lady Skollie.
Check out the full list of winners below:
- Musician of the Year: Nasty C
- Designer of the Year: Tristan Du Plessis
- Breakout Star of the Year: Thebe Magugu
- Athlete of the Year: Thembinkosi Lorch
- Humanitarian of the Year: Craig Wilkinson
- Influencer of the Year: Brent Lindeque
- Woman of the Year: Lady Skollie
- Business Leader of the Year: Vusi Thembekwayo
- Icon of the Year: Siya Kolisi
- Editor’s Special Award: Dr Mashudu Tshifularo
- Hennessy V.S.O.P Privilège Lifetime Achievement Award: Dr John Kani
Click on the comment box below and leave us your thoughts. Thank you.