There are all kinds of strange and interesting things going on that we just don’t usually know about. For these odd facts some are believable, others unbelievable, and some are just plain bizarre. We love our food with all our hearts and we love to know more about odd facts about food in general.
- Montpelier, VT is the only U.S. state capital without a McDonalds.
- There is a bar in London that sells vaporized vodka, which is inhaled instead of sipped.
- In the White House, there are 13,092 knives, forks, and spoons.
- Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
- Coca-cola was originally green.
- The only food that does not spoil: honey.
- The Pilgrims ate popcorn at the first Thanksgiving dinner.
- Iceland consumes more Coca-Cola per capita than any other nation.
- Almonds are members of the peach family.
- Cranberry is the only Jell-O flavour that contains real fruit flavouring.
- The drive-through line on opening day at the McDonald’s restaurant in Kuwait City, Kuwait was seven miles long at its peak.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served first class.
- Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it, to begin with.
- The average American drinks about 600 sodas a year.
Weird right, now you know!!!