Like the never-ending cycle of life, a new academic year approaches us and we would be having newbies soon.
But before they come let’s see how seriously you took Orientation when you were a fresher yourself.
- In 1984, The International Central Gospel Church [ICGC] was founded by Rev. Dr Mensa Otabil.
- In 1988 the church ICGC opens a ministerial institute to train a new generation of leaders.
- In 1991 Central Bible College was birthed from the success of the ICGC ministerial institute. Central Bible College was incorporated as the Central Christian College in 1993.
- 1997 Investiture of Rev. Dr Mensa Otabil as Chancellor.
- Central Business School was commissioned.
- In the year 1998 Central Bible College was re-christened as Central University College to reflect its new status as a liberal arts tertiary institution.
- Mr Johnson Kanda was inducted as the first Registrar and Rev. Prof. Kingsley Larbi was appointed as the first Principal.
- In 2002 The Business Development Centre opens for business.
- In 2003 Development Directorate was carved from the pre-existing Project Office.
- In 2004 Prof. V.P. Y. Gadzekpo takes office as the second President.
- In 2006 the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences was established.
- In 2007 Quality Assurance Unit was launched and Vision & Legacy Unit was established.
- In 2008 School of Applied Sciences was commissioned.
- In 2009 Mr J. F. Odartey Blankson was appointed as the University’s second Registrar. Human Resources Directorate was created and the Centre for International Relations & Programmes was inaugurated.
- In 2011 School of Graduate Studies was established. William Ofori-Atta Institute of Integrity [WOAII] is instituted. The historic migration of the University from Mataheko to Miotso begins.
Be honest, how many of these did you know??