Looking to read Law at the University of Ghana?
Kuulpeeps is here to help.
The UG law faculty offers Bachelor of Laws (LLB) for both SHS graduates and first-degree holders. The selection of SHS students for law school is based on the performance in WASSCE. A student must have credit passes in English, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science and Social Studies, as well as credit passes in 3 elective subjects.
For first degree holders who want to do post-first-degree law, you must have a minimum entry qualification of Second-class( Lower Division) from a recognized university.
Qualified shortlisted applicants, would be required to take a selection examination and interview. After the 4 years in Legon, students would take an entrance exam to be admitted into law school for 18 months.
Below is the University’s required application process:
Applicants must, in addition, provide or submit the following required documents and/or materials DIRECTLY to the School of Law before the given application deadline, namely:-
- Two (2) copies of ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE authenticated by the institution awarding degree;
- Two (2) copies of the ORIGINAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT;
- Three (3) Academic Referee reports;
- Please provide, in your own handwriting, a candid evaluation of yourself as a person, discussing in order of importance to you the personal characteristics you feel are your strengths and those you feel are your weaknesses. The written self-evaluation must be signed by you with your usual signature;
- Two (2) recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm) colour photographs of yourself, with each bearing your full name as the same appears on all supporting documents and with your usual signature on the back. The required colour photographs should be taken against a light coloured background; be clear and of good quality, and not framed or backed; they should be printed on normal photographic paper and should show your full face and without sunglasses, hat or other head covering unless you wear this for cultural or religious reasons (but the face must not be covered).
- Printout of Application Summary and
- Three (3) Self-addressed and appropriately stamped envelopes bearing applicant’s contact telephone number(s) and applicant’s serial number. (Applicants have the option to provide trackable return self–addressed envelopes).