We are pretty sure some of you have been wondering what the fuss about the month of March is especially when it comes to women.
Well, it’s pretty simple and we are going to spell it out to you in these five points.
1. The purpose of Women History Month is to increase consciousness and knowledge of women history: to take one month of the year to remember the contributions of notable and ordinary women, in hopes that the day will soon come when it ’s impossible to teach or learn history without remembering these contributions.
2. Women have paved the path towards our progress and struggled to take ‘womanhood’ to a level where it is now.
3. This special month, dedicated to women around the world, is a celebration of the great success of women across all spheres of life as well as shaping the future.
4. Women’s Day also celebrates the role of women as a daughter, a wife, a mother, a sister and a homemaker. Women play a major role in our families.
5. The month honours the voices that go unheard, the rights that are dominated and the tears that go unnoticed. There are millions of women around the world who are either speechless or are struggling hard to secure their rights.