The second semester is that time of the academic year where current executives of various offices hand over the mantle to new executives who will be voted for into office.
Already, various streams of campaign messages are circulating and the camps of each aspirant are busily trying to win the hearts and votes of the majority of the student body to enable them to win whichever portfolio their candidates are vying for.
The Office of the Dean of Students has officially released the schedule of events for the Junior Common Room Committee (JCRC), National Union of Ghanaian Students – Local (L/NUGS) and the Students Representative Council (SRC) elections.
The events follow as such:
- Filing of nominations: 18th – 22nd February 2019.
- Verification of forms: 26th – 27th February 2019.
- Publication of names: 28th February 2019.
- Receipt of memos: 4th – 5th March 2019.
- Vetting of candidates: 7th – 8th March 2019.
- Campaign period: 11th – 26th March 2019.
- Face to face (JCRC): 20th – 22nd March 2019.
- Manifestos on ATL FM: 27th March 2019.
- Face to face: SRC, L/NUGS: 26th March 2019.
- Voting and declaration of results: 28th March 2019.
- Handing Over (JCRC): 8th – 10th April 2019.
- Handing Over (SRC, L-NUGS): 12th April 2019.
Best wishes from us at Kuulpeepsucc to all aspirants!!!!!!