Chelsea has signed Christian Pulisic Borussia Dortmund for a £58million fee.
He will remain with Dortmund for the rest of the season before joining the Blues in the summer.
Below are 10 interesting facts about Pulisic:
1. He was born in Hershey, Pennsylvania
Pulisic hails from Hershey, Pennsylvania, a town of less than 15,000 people.
2. Shares a birthday with Brazilian Great Ronaldo
Born on 18 September 1998, Pulisic shares a birthday with Brazilian great Ronaldo – a three-time FIFA World Player of the Year and two-time World Cup winner.
3. He is from a footballing family
Pulisic’s parents Mark and Kelley both played college soccer at George Mason University, with his father going on to play professional indoor soccer as a forward with the Harrisburg Heat in the 1990s.
4. Pulisic is the youngest foreign-born goalscorer in Bundesliga history.
He helped Dortmund beat Hamburg 3-0 at the age of 17.
5. He is also the youngest player of any nationality to score twice in Germany’s top division.
Just a week after he became the youngest foreign-born goalscorer in Bundesliga history, Pulisic scored in a 3-0 win against Stuttgart to become the youngest player to score twice in the Bundesliga.
6. He is the youngest US player to appear, assist and score in the UEFA Champions League.
7. In May 2017, he became the youngest American to ever win a major European trophy.
He helped Dortmund lift the DFB Cup over Eintracht Frankfurt.
8. Christian Pulisic powered the United States to a World Cup qualifying win
Pulisic scored two fantastic goals in the game to help the United Staes to a 2-0 victory against Trinidad and Tobago
9. He is a big-game player
Pulisic has already proven himself capable of rising to the biggest of occasions. Trailing Real Madrid 2-1 in the 2016/17 Champions League group stage, he came off the bench to set up Andre Schurrle’s late equaliser, ultimately helping BVB top Group F ahead of the 12-time European champions. A goal and assist against also fired BVB into the quarter-finals. Closer to home, Pulisic earned the penalty that Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang converted to lift the DFB Cup. Pulisic also had a direct hand in 11 goals as the USA narrowly missed out on qualifying for the FIFA World Cup in Russia. At 19, Pulisic still has plenty of time to strut his stuff on the game’s biggest stage.
10. He’s a Belieber
Pulisic is a big fan of Justin Bieber.