The headmaster in the infamous kitchen stool sex tape has had his appointment terminated by the Ghana Education Service (GES).
Robert Sepey, formerly of Adumanu D/A Basic School in the Asikuma Odoben Brakwa District of the Central Region was among a list of five people who had their appointment terminated by the GES for sexual misconduct.
In a release issued Thursday by the Head of Public of Relations of the GES, Cassandra Twum Ampofo, “The decision was taken after they went through the due process at all levels from the school through to the GES Council.”
The GES says it is hopeful the sanctions will serve as a deterrent to others who have an intention of breaching the professional code of conduct.
The Service has descended heavily on its staff over the last couple of years following reports that heads or teachers at either private or public schools have been engaging in one form of sexual act against their students.
Most of those matters have ended up in the courts but the GES says it takes these firm steps to sanitise the Service.
Below is a full list of persons which the press release indicates were removed from the GES for breaching its code professional conduct.
GES SANCTIONS STAFF
The under listed persons have been sanctioned for breaching aspects of the Code of Professional Conduct of the Ghana Education Service.
- A) SEXUAL/IMMORAL MISCONDUCT
The following have had their appointments terminated:
- Mr Vincent Nii Armah 0too – St. Francis SHTS, Akim Oda
- Mr Kester Ansah Djan – Benkum SHS, Larteh — Akuapem
- Mr Adjetey Anum James – Okumaning Ugars Basic, Okumaning E/RM
- r Bright Akpalu – Akwatia Presby SHS, Akwatia
- Mr William Akompong – Nyankumasi SHS, Assin Nyankumasi
- Mr Robert Seppey, – Adumanu D/A Basic School, Asikuma Odoben Brakwa
- B) CONVICTION OF STEALING
The following were convicted of stealing by the Court and has therefore been dismissed:
- Madam Comfort Oduro Bruce – Ghana Secondary School, Koforidua
- Mr Alfred Kumah – Regional Education Office, Koforidua
- Mr Kwasi Agyeman SDA SHS, Koforidua
CONVICTION OF DEFILEMENT
- Mr Wiayuga Mumuni United Basic School, Tumu, Upper West
He has been dismissed from the service.
The decision was taken after they went through the due process at all levels from the school through the GES Council. This is to serve as a deterrent to others who have the intention of doing similar things.
CASSANDRA TWUM AMPOFO
HEAD, PUBLIC RELATIONS UNIT