The Students Loan Trust Fund gives loans to Ghana tertiary students who are pursuing accredited programmes in accredited tertiary institutions. To apply for a loan you must have gained admission to pursue an undergraduate programme, that means you’re eligible.
Here’s what you need to apply for a students loan;
- Telephone number of both applicant and guarantor
- An E-zwich account that should be linked to your Bank account in the same bank.
- Social security number (you can register for one at any SSNIT office)
- Should be a registered student of his/her school
- A personal guarantor (your guarantor should either be a SSNIT contributor, Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assembly (MMDA), Religious Body or a Corporate Body).
- Two passport size photographs
- Personal e-mail address
Now that you have all the requirements, you should;
Step 1 Log on to the SLTF website here
Step 2 Follow link on website and apply for the loan (You may save and continue with the application later if you do not complete at one sitting).
Step 3 Follow general instructions in filling out forms online
(Upload a passport picture online)
Step 4 Print out the summary pages of your Loan Application Form
Step 5 Print out and complete the Guarantor Deed and Students Loan
Agreement forms (Complete all forms in BLACK INK and BLOCK LETTERS only)
Step 6 Have your fingerprints (INDEX AND THUMB) and your guarantor’s
THUMB PRINT taken at any SSNIT branch office. You will be assisted by a SSNIT official. (Guarantor thumbprint applies to SSNIT guarantors only).
Step 7 Attach photocopies of the following:
- Student ID card and Admission letter.
- SSNIT ID number or SSNIT reference number.
iii. e-zwich card (both sides).
Step 8 Submit 2 original copies of the duly completed forms and copies of the supporting documents to your respective SLTF Campus Office.
UG’s SLTF campus office is at the SRC office. Online applications are open at the beginning of each academic year but it’s yet to be opened for this year. So if you’re interested keep your ears to the ground. The loan can come in handy for any personal expenses including fees, hall fees, books, actually everything you need. Plus repayment is at a minimum 2% interest. So look sharp!