We know there are kuulpeeps among us who are superheroes in their respective fields and workplaces. All you need right now is a little push and exposure and baaammm – you’re out there doing more amazing things than you already are.
Every year when applications for the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) are open, we do tell you about it – this year is no different.
The applications for the 2019 YALI fellowship are open.
The programme is currently looking for 700 outstanding young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa with the opportunity to hone their skills in a U.S. college or university, with support for professional development after they return home.
If you are between the ages of 25 and 35, with an established record of accomplishment in promoting innovation and positive impact in your organizations, institutions, communities, then you should apply for this.
If you’re selected, you will get the opportunity to have access to a six-week training course at an A-list U.S. university in one of three different tracks: Business and Entrepreneurship, Civic Leadership or Public Management.
What you need are:
- A proven record of leadership and accomplishment in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
- A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- Demonstrated knowledge, interest and professional experience in the sector/track selected.
- A commitment to return to Africa and apply leadership skills and training to benefit the applicant’s country and/or community after they return home.
Follow this link to apply. We know you got this…