Authorities at the Kotoka International Airport in July this year piloted the newly constructed iconic terminal three that is set to boost the country’s aviation industry.
The new terminal will ease the pressure on the existing two terminals and is expected to handle up to five million passengers a year, with an expansion potential up to 6.5 million passengers.
The new terminal will comprise five levels spread across an area of 48,268m² and semi-closed areas for the Baggage Make up Areas of 28,260m².
Below are the key features and photos of the terminal three:
- Ultramodern facilities and capacity to handle 5 million passengers a year
- Capacity to process 1,250 passengers per hour
- Six boarding bridges, and 7 links(expandable to 8 in the future)
- Large retail area (7000m²)
- CIP terminal
- Three business lounges
- 707 car parking slots and a new Road network
- Automated baggage handling system to handle 3,5OO bags an hour
- 24 immigration counters, four e-gate positions [expandable to eight] and four reclaim devices at the arrival hall
- It has 56 check-in desks, 30 passport control centres and eight security lanes at the departure level.
- Has six contact stands for Code E aircraft and two remote stands.