The Bachelor of Business Administration is a 4-year degree programme and has 5 option courses.
- Banking and Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Here are details on the options and their requirements:
The objective of this BBA Accounting Programme is to help students to:
- understand the nature and role of accounting in providing useful information that is helpful in making decisions about deployment and use of resources in business and non-business entities in the economy;
- apply the generally accepted accounting principles, concepts, and methodologies;
- acquire knowledge in using the accounting information for managerial decision making with a focus on planning and control; and
- pursue further studies in preparation for professional accounting examinations (e.g., ICA, ACCA etc.) and graduate level studies in accounting related courses.
Bachelor of Business Administration (Banking and Finance Option)
The objectives of the programme are to:
- Prepare students to think critically and finding new ways to improve the Banking and Finance industry.
- train students to communicate effectively at all levels and acquire leadership skills in the banking and finance industry and to become an initiator of change by making complex and difficult decisions, using modern banking and finance, marketing and management analysis methods;
- creating leaders who are creative thinkers and team players, using a dynamic framework of analytical skills and intellectual tools;
- understand the role of Banking and Finance within an organization;
- critically appraise the relevance and practicality of Banking and Finance theories and
- work effectively as part of a finance team
Bachelor of Business Administration (Human Resource Management Option)
This programme aims at providing students with a comprehensive view of the basic issues covering Human Resource Management (HRM). The programme further aims at enabling students to take full advantage of their study experience to prepare them for future managerial employment and further study in the HRM field. Also, the HRM programme will prepare graduates for a range of managerial positions in business, government, and non-profit organizations.
The overall objective of this programme is to help students acquire skills to:
- Acquire an understanding of the strategic and operational significance of modern human resource management practices in the workplace.
- Develop their competencies in a chosen field of human resource management.
- To draft human resource policy document for both the public and private sectors, as well as, for international and non-governmental organizations.
- Be thoroughly furnished with relevant theoretical frameworks for the development and evaluation of human resource management concepts, policies, principles, and practices.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Marketing Option)
The programme aims to educate students on marketing, as a strategic analysis of the market environment, as businesses become more innovative and better to penetrate a market. As marketing is far more than just advertising and promotion, it will enrich students to better understand how to reach and satisfy customers while increasing profitability and productivity.
The objective of this course is to enable students to add significant value to any organization they find themselves in and being able to:
- appraise the marketplaces for opportunities and threats;
- understand the role of marketing within an organization;
- critically appraise the relevance and practicality of marketing theories;
- interpret, apply and adapt marketing theories for use in practical settings;
- think and operate creatively to scope, refine and deliver practicable marketing proposals and solutions;
- translate ideas, theories, and plans into practice;
- promote products via traditional media, and the internet;
- work effectively as part of a marketing team; and
- Manage marketing teams.
Bachelor of Business Administration (Procurement and Supply Chain Management Option)
The objectives of the programme are to:
- Prepare students to think critically by finding new ways to improve the industry.
- Train students to communicate effectively at all levels and acquire leadership skills in the Procurement and Supply Chain industry to become an initiator of change by making complex and difficult decisions using modern finance, marketing, and management analysis methods.
- Create leaders who are creative thinkers and team players, using a dynamic framework of analytical skills and intellectual tools.
Mode of study:
- WASSCE Candidates: Minimum Grade of C6 or better in three core subjects (English Language Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three (3) relevant elective subjects(Accounting, Cost Accounting, Business Management, Economics and Elective Mathematics)
- SSSCE Candidates: Minimum Grade of D or better in three core subjects (English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three relevant elective subjects(Accounting, Cost Accounting, Business Management, Economics and Elective Mathematics)