Mawuli School, our High School for the Month of June was founded by the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
It was the first senior high school to be established in the Trans-Volta Togoland, now Volta Region.
The school opened on the 31st of January 1950.
The school started with 35 students.
The current headmaster is Rev. Samuel Senanu Asieni.
Mawuli School was the first senior high school to have double bunk beds.
The name of the school ‘Mawuli’ and the motto: Head, Hand and Heart were chosen by students.
The first headmaster of the school was called Prof. Walter P Trost.
Old Students of the school are called OMSU – Old Mawuli Students Union.
They are the first senior high school to have a basketball court.
Mawuli School was one of the first senior high schools to have started producing farm produce to feed students.