The National Ambulance Service is recruiting the under-listed category of personnel to be trained as Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs)
A. GENERAL ELIGIBILITY
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a Ghanaian citizen
- Be with no criminal record and of good character
- Be between the ages of 18 years to 35 years
- Be physically, mentally and medically fit
B. GENERAL QUALIFICATION
- Height – Male (1.68 minimum) & Female (1.60 minimum)
- Good eyesight
- Not allergic to bloody situations
- Not epileptic
- Able to work under pressure
- Valid National Health Insurance Authority Card (NHIA Card)
C. GENERAL REQUIREMENT (Emergency Medical Technicians – BASIC NON DRIVER)
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
Candidate in addition to Requirement A and B above must possess the following
- SSSCE/WASSCE with credits in 5 subjects including English, Mathematics and Science or its equivalent
- BECE certificate
- Candidate must be Computer literate
- Candidates with an additional certificate in Secretariatship, DBS Accountancy or any relevant post-secondary certificate from a recognized institution will be an advantage.
D. GENERAL REQUIREMENT (Emergency Medical Technicians – BASIC DRIVER)
Applicants must satisfy General Requirements A and B must possess:
- Driving licenses of at least category “C” or Above
- BECE Certificate
- at least credits in 3 SSSCE/WASSCE subjects including English, Mathematics and Science or its equivalent
- Accident-free police report
E. GENERAL REQUIREMENT (Emergency Medical Technicians – ADVANCED)
The first year of this program is the EMT Basic Training and the second is the Advanced program.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION: Graduate Candidates must satisfy requirements A, B and C and in addition must possess
- A degree from a recognised and accredited institution
- National Service Certificate
JOB PROFILE SYNOPSIS
Qualified applicants would go through intensive 12 months training which involves:
Classroom lectures, Physical Drills, Stress Drills, Practical Attachments at Accident and Emergency wards of selected Hospitals and Ambulance Stations.
After qualification, recruits should be ready to work in any part of the country.
Mode of application
Interested candidates should :
- Purchase e-voucher cards at a cost of Ghc50 from any branch of GCB and NIB across the country.
- Log on to training.nas.gov.gh and follow the proceeding instructions to commence application online
Screening and Examination
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for screening and examination at designated screening centres
Successful applicants will be invited in batches for medical screening and physical examination
Only applicants who are successful in the medical examination will be recruited for training
Sale of E-vouchers at all branches of the GCB at NIB Banks commences on 10th May 2018 and ends on 24th May 2018.