Jumia is the leading e-commerce player in Africa. Jumia was founded in 2012 in Nigeria with a clear mission, to
relentlessly build the most effortless and reliable online shopping environment, providing consumers with the
widest range of genuine products at low prices.
With already over 8,000 employees in over 23 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Food,
Jumia Cars, Jumia House and Jumia Travel, Jumia is led by very talented people offering a great mix of local and
Jumia now has 7 investors, MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, CDC and Goldman Sachs. Early 2016, the
group received more than 500M USD funding, valuing the company at over 1bn USD.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming
environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia Group steps in.
We are currently looking for exceptional people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey.
The job we are offering: Head of Category (Electronics) – Jumia Ghana
As a Head of Category at Jumia, you will be accountable for the most important of Jumia KPIs: growth and profitability. This position is currently one of the positions where Jumia is investing the most to grow the pool of
We expect the best performers to be the next wave of CCOs, CEOs, Category Directors across the group.
You will focus on one or several categories, managing c-levels end-to-end relationship with our top brands and
vendors. From the very essence of commercial to operations or even co-organization of Jumia key commercial
events, your scope will provide you will all levers to drive your categories toward the right direction.
This position justifies a high exposure to Managing Directors up to Jumia CCO & CEO.
- Building strong link with C-Levels and account managers of our top brands and vendors (Electronics). Having
a strong network among electronics suppliers is a plus.
- Flawless understanding of the entire Electronics ecosystem as well as a tremendous network. You will be
the only one along with country managing director & CCO to represent Jumia in front of those key accounts
- Driving the growth by ensuring we have the right product at the right price.
- Making sure your accounts are matching key operational KPIs (out of stock and time for having the products
ready to ship)
- Ensuring we anticipate sourcing through brand product roadmaps as well as we replenish fast enough
missing strategic assortment
- On-boarding 100% of your account’s products available
- Organizing key commercial events such as Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary, etc.
- Building business plan for your category(ies) to ensure we grow them in a structured way. Those BP will be
presented to Jumia local CEO & CCO as well as Jumia Group CCO
A successful candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
- Strong commercial skills
- Great capacity to handle high stake negotiations
- Structured and organized
- Good with tools (excel & PPT, Salesforce.com would be a plus)
- Resistant to stress
- Strong interpersonal skills: Convince people and your team that you are making the right decisions
- Great ability to work in a fast-paced and competitive environment
- Flawless English communication
- Overall, we expect a true leader.
Expected background and technical skills
- Experience over 3 years either in FMCG, tier 1 retail groups, top banking & consulting companies
- Top Engineering, Business Schools & Universities (top 5 of your field for your country)
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google tools
- Familiar with relationship management tools
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation
of leaders for our future internet ventures
- Accra, Ghana
Join the journey!