If you agree with us, then we think you should totally check out the Arts Project Manager vacancy that has been announced by the British Council.
You will get to work with the West Africa Arts cluster team, regional and global Arts team to deliver programmes, audiences and partnerships which contribute to the British Council’s cultural relations programme through the arts and creative industries.
|Duration||2-year Fixed Term Contract|
|Closing date||Wednesday 09 May 2018|
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
Project Planning and Delivery
- To implement a portfolio of large-scale and local arts projects with the support of internal project officers, UK project managers and/or external delivery partners to meet agreed project targets
- To be the dedicated point of contact for large scale projects with regional/UK project managers for projects managed
- To manage relationships with project partners, and representing the project to other external stakeholders
- To ensure that all project activity reflects key equal opportunities and diversity issues
- Project planning, monitoring and evaluation, using the following tools:
- Project logic models
- Gantt charts to reflect planned activity
- Scorecard instruments (audience forecasts and actuals, quality of service questionnaires)
Manage People and Finances
- Responsible for programme procurement and vendor/consultant management in line with established corporate policies and guidelines
- Responsible for developing detailed activity and event budgets and managing delivery and
- Reporting of programme activity against agreed budgets with an emphasis on value for money
- Budget monitoring and preparation of monthly and other periodic financial performance reports.
Marketing and Communications and Evaluation
- To develop and manage digital marketing and audience development campaigns including but not limited to social media platforms
- To be the dedicated point of contact with the local, regional and UK Marcomms and evaluation teams for all projects managed
- To provide content for communications and other materials like funding proposals for use internally and externally in Ghana, the region and UK
- To manage media relations activity for all projects managed
- To ensure that the evaluation strategy for each project is implemented in accordance with Corporate Scorecard standards and to report likely variations from target
- To ensure projects are marketed to the highest standard in print, digitally and at the event
Provide market intelligence and information, maintain and develop a close understanding of and links with the sector in Ghana
Working with other members of the arts team, the post holder will:
- Maintain and expand knowledge of the Ghanaian arts sector
- develop and sustain relationships with key practitioners and organizations, both established and emerging talent;
- represent our work in arts to external partners and stakeholders
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities for developing new physical and digital audiences for delivery of British Council arts projects in Ghana
- Provide advice to UK organisations, artists and professional networks on the international development of their work
Skills and Qualifications
- At least three years’ recent project management experience.
- Proven ability to identify, develop, and manage relationships with major partners and stakeholders
- Planning and delivery of events to specific groups of people
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University
Interested? Click here to apply
Thank us after you land the job, or share this with all your friends who might be interested.