The Duapa Challenge is a social innovation support competition providing seed capital and business support for early-stage viable social enterprise.
It seeks to promote economic growth, private sector development, and youth employment through enterprise.
The program has helped businesses like Trotro Tractor and CowTribe to grow.
This edition of the Duapa Challenge seeks to draw social entrepreneurs in tertiary institutions from the following sectors: Social focused Fintech, Green & Renewable Energy, Agriculture, Ethical Design & Manufacturing, Healthcare, and Education.
The aim of this competition is to:
- identify and support idea and growth stage social enterprises from tertiary institutions in Ghana.
- generate and support student entrepreneurship with a focus on social entrepreneurship.
- bring together idea and growth stage social entrepreneurs to connect, learn and develop synergies.
- provide seed capital and support to the winning social enterprise from ideation to prototype/market entry phase.
- create general awareness about social enterprises in Ghana.
To join the program, send a proposed businesses details and the team to [email protected] by 4 pm on 22 January 2018. The team details should contain the following, Name of Team, Name of Institution, Name of sector in focus, Number of team members.
The proposed business details should be 1 page maximum, summarizing the problem space, proposed solution and impact of your project.
Lastly, you must be a student of one of these institutions to join the program:
- University of Ghana
- Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration
- Ashesi University
- University of Professional Studies
- Knutsford University College
- Lancaster University
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Central University College
- University of Cape Coast
- Catholic University College