Here’s How Trump’s New DACA Policy Might Affect Ghanaians

Donald Trump

Has this old man ever not been in the news?

He’s back for another reason that will make you hate him even more.

Related image

First of all, let’s talk about what the DACA Policy is.

Related image

DACA is a program that was brought up during the Obama era and its full meaning is Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. It gives young people brought to America illegally as children, protection from deportation and access to work permits. The individuals under the Daca program are called Dreamers.

Related image

This way, if you’re under the Daca program, you’re not an American citizen but you’re free to school and work in America because your stay there is now legal.

Image result for thats great gif

On Tuesday, Hon Dr Dr Prof H.E Donald J Trump posted this.

He posted that because he had given the Congress of the United States a six-month window to act before any currently protected individuals under DACA lose their ability to work, study and live without fear in the US.

His main plan is to scrap DACA!

Image result for trump

The painful part of scrapping DACA is the fact that victims will be deported to a country they may not even know. What could be more cruel than that?

Image result for that's cruel gif

On his campaign trail, he vowed to dismantle the program, and even though he said that “We love the Dreamers,” dude really wants the policy off!

Related image

About 70% of DACA applicants are from Mexico and if a Ghanaian is part of the remaining 30%, it means he/she might be deported in some few months to come.

Of course Barack Obama shared his thoughts on the issue.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Kuulpeeps is a social news, lifestyle and entertainment brand for the young Ghanaian. Kuulpeeps is leading millennials through the journey of discovering news, engaging with content and interacting with one another through the use of tailored content platforms, social media executions and new media.

What started primarily as a campus focused site is growing into a media brand focused on satisfying the curiosity of young people across different geographic locations and lifestyles. Kuulpeeps seeks to be the leading content brand for youth interaction in Ghana and beyond.

Copyright © 2017 Kuulpeeps.

To Top