You made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to four years of bliss. Its will be confusing at a point (but keep calm we gotcha) and its fine. It just means you are human and you will get through it smoothly because we will be with you every step of the way.
We know you are pretty excited about your admission, but calm down because you have quiet a number of things to do before you can settle in.
Brings us to the big question….
AFTER GAINING ADMISSION, WHAT NEXT?
After printing out your provisional letter of admission, students are required to pay their University Fees through any Branch office of the Standard Chartered Bank or ECOBANK Limited to University of Ghana Students’ Fee Collection Account. ( Residential and Academic fees)
Students should quote in full their names, level of study and student identification numbers on all payment slips and counterfoils.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR ACCOMMODATION
- Visit the UG Website (https://www.ug.edu.gh/) and click on the fresh students’ residential application link. (it’s usually blinking in colour on the website when application of rooms is opened)
- Type in your UG Student ID Numberand UG 5-digit PIN; then click on “Login” to enter the residential application system.
- Select a hall of choice and a room.
- Print out your room allocation letter.
- Pay the required academic and residential fees at the bank and proceed to do online academic and residential registration.
If unsuccessful, you can still proceed to online academic registration as a non-resident student but first pay the required academic fees at the bank.
Note that you can only access the online registration system 48 hours after payment of the required fees.
- Visit the MIS Web link. (https://itsapp08.ug.edu.gh/pls/prodi03/w99pkg.mi_login)
- Type in your UG Student ID Number and UG 5-digit PIN. Then click on “Login” to enter the registration system.
- Click on “Registration” under the Student iEnabler (on the left side of the screen).
- Click on “Submit Registration”.
- Then click on the “blue letters” under “Qualification Code” and select “Register for This Qualification”
- Click on “Save and Continue” and register for GCCR101-General Course Confirming Registration by clicking on the small box close to GCCR101.
- Click on “Save and Continue” to view the course you have selected.
- Then click on “Continue” to view the Registration Cost (Academic Facility User Fee).
- Click on “Accept Registration” to complete registration.
- Click on “Printer Friendly Format” and print proof of registration.
Residential Registration Online (Resident Students Only)
Note that this can be done only after academic registration and application of a hall of residence. The procedure for online residential registration is as follows:
- Click on “Residence Registration” under the Student iEnabler(on the left side of the screen).
- Click on “Submit Residence Registration”.
- Then click on the year (in blue).
- There will be a display confirming the Hall and Room number.
- Click on “I Accept” to confirm.
- Print the Proof of Residential Registrationand keep for your records.
- Send proof of Registration to Hall of residence’s JCR office for manual registration.
NB: STUDENTS SHOULD BE PREPARED TO PAY THE FOLLOWING:
APPROXIMATELY GH 200 FOR JCR DUES/HALL SOUVENIRS AND PLANT FUEL FEES.
APPROXIMATELY GH 60.00 AS REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT AGAINST DAMAGES IN THE HALL