Since February of last year to date, they have donated quite a number of things to different Ghanaian institutions.
Could it be that they are strengthening relations between us our there is a bigger fish in the picture.
Let’s take a look at some of the items they have donated to the Ghanaian government in recent times.
Timeline of Chinese Embassy donations to Ghanaian institutions:
- June 2017: Office equipment and a cash gift of 10,000 Cedis donated to Attorney-General’s office
- January 2017: Security equipment donated to Parliament
- December 2016: Anti-riot equipment worth 100,000 Cedis donated to Ghana Immigration Service
- August 2016: 100 footballs donated to Accra Metropolitan Assembly
- February 2016: Office equipment donated to Ghana News Agency
Even though these items were donated in diplomatic terms, are we supposed to forget all the illegal mining activities the Chinese are involved in?
A number of Chinese have been arrested in recent times in connection to galamsey activities. Some few weeks ago, a Chinese lady by the name Aisha Huang was arrested and was initially denied bail after she was accused of being involved in galamsey activities.
See also: Sex Tapes And Galamsey; An Awful Mix
The question here is, is the Chinese government donating these items to Ghanaian institutions to cover up for all their illegal activities, or are they doing it to strengthen relations between the two countries?