ISIS have claimed responsibility after a suicide bomber – named by United Kingdom authorities as Salman Abedi – set off the ball bearing bomb that killed 22 and injured 119 in Manchester.
The terror group were quick to call Abedi one of their own as they gloated about the bombing ‘in the midst of a gathering of the Crusaders’ at an Ariana Grande concert on Monday night.
The extremists released a statement praising the soldier, less than 24 hours after the atrocity which is the worst terror attack Britain has seen since the London 7/7 bombings.
Eight-year-old Saffie Roussos, 18-year-old Georgina Callander and 26-year-old John Atkinson were among those killed.
Of the injured, at least 12 were children were among 59 taken to hospital, with 60 others treated at the scene.
‘With Allah’s grace and support, a soldier of the Khilafah managed to place explosive devices in the midst of the gatherings of the Crusaders in the British city of Manchester,’ their statement read.
The group said the attack was ‘revenge for Allah’s religion… in response to their transgressions against the lands of the Muslims.’
They appeared to wrongly state that a number of explosive devices had been detonated, when police have said the attacker was carrying one bomb.
‘The explosive devices were detonated in the shameless concert arena. What comes next will be more severe on the worshipers of the Cross and their allies,’ the ISIS statement read.
Source: Daily Mail