1. Muntaka, Osei-Owusu deny giving Ayariga Agyarko’s alleged “bribe” money: The Chairman of the Appointments Committee of Parliament, Mr Joe Osei-Owusu has denied claims that he facilitated monies alleged to have been given to Minority Members of Parliament on the committee.
2. CONFIRMED: Airtel To Exit Ghana This Year: Bharti Airtel, the mother company of Airtel Ghana has announced that it will be exiting 14 African countries including Ghana within a year.
3. Second batch of 12 Ministers designate to face Appointments Committee: The Appointments Committee of Parliament has released a programme for the public hearing to consider the second batch of nominations by the President for ministerial appointments.
4. Collins Dauda awarded most dedicated communal servant of Ghana: Alhaji Collins Dauda, the Member of Parliament for Asutifi South Constituency and former Minister of Local Government and Rural Development, was on Friday presented with the ”most dedicated communal servant of Ghana 2016” award.
5. KIA to introduce electronic gate systems next month: Ten electronic gate (E-gate) systems for automated border control will be operationalised at the Kotoka International Airport (KIA) in February this year.
6. Alibaba’s Ant Financial buys MoneyGram for $880m: Ant Financial, the digital payments arm of e-commerce giant Alibaba, is buying US-based MoneyGram for $880m (£700m).
7. We’ll work pro bono – Ghana @60 committee to forfeit allowances: The 60th Independence Anniversary Planning committee will be forfeiting any allowances due them. This was decided after the committee’s maiden meeting on Saturday, January 28 according to a statement signed by its chairperson, Ken Amankwa.
8. Shirley Ayorkor Botchway sworn into office as Foreign Minister: The president, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo at the weekend swore into office the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ms Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey, charging her to work towards fulfilling the campaign promise of the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) to bring about the change in the lives of the people.
9. Actor Emmanuel Armah Battling For His Life: Ghanaian veteran actor Emmanuel Armah is currently on admission at the 37 Military Hospital receiving treatment.
10. 10 Most Important Penalty Misses Of All Time: Following Sadio Mane’s penalty miss on Saturday night, we’ve put together a list of important penalties star players missed.