Today marks the 31st birthday of BET Award winning rapper and CEO of Sarkcess Music, Sarkodie.
Here are 17 things you should know about him.
1. He was born Michael Kwesi Owusu Addo on 10th July, 1985
2. Born in Tema to Emma Maame Aggrey, a single parent
3. He is the fourth of five children
4. Attended Achimota Prepatory
5. And then to Tema Methodist Day Secondary
6. He has a degree in Graphic Designing from IPMC
7. His debut album ‘Makye’ was released in 2009
8. Followed by ‘Rapperholic’ in 2012
9. And then ‘Sarkology’ in 2014
10. ‘Mary’, his latest album was released in 2015
11. The album was named after his grandmother who died in 2012
12. Sarkodie has won 52 awards out of 102 nominations
13. In 2012, he became the first Ghanaian Rapper to bring home a BET Award for the “Best International Act (Africa)”
14. On February 27, 2016, Sarkodie addressed students of Harvard University in the United States
15. The Sarkodie Foundation was launched on July 13, 2013
16. In April 2016, Sarkodie and long time girlfriend, Tracy, welcomed a baby girl
17. Adalyn Owusu Addo is her name
We at Kuulpeeps wish you the very best on this day.
Happy birthday Sarkodie!!!