Nana Akufo-Addo is celebrating his 72nd birthday today. Kuulpeeps wishes him the best in his endeavors. We take this day to bring you five things you probably didn’t know about his personal life.
1. His father, Edward Akufo-Addo was a lawyer. He later became Chief Justice and then a ceremonial President of Ghana between 1969 and 1972. At the time, due to Nkrumah’s authoritarian excesses, the president’s powers were almost entirely ceremonial. Real power rested with the prime minister, Dr. Busia.
2. Despite being overly involved in Akyem-related matters, he is a typical Accra boy. He was born and raised in Nima. He still lives in Nima,
3. He has been married twice. His current wife,Rebecca Akufo-Addo is his second wife.
4. His first wife was Eleanor Obaa Saa Nkansa-Dwamena. She died on 17th August, 1993. She was 34. Recently a paper, in an attempt to shame him, alleged that he killed his first wife. He released a statement detail how much he liked his first wife and how bad he felt about the report.
5. Akufo-Addo does not have a child with his current wife. He had two children with his late wife and his current wife had one child before they married. All three children are girls.